This information is to be used as a guide only. For best results, you should consult with professionals before installing. We are not responsible for any damages made by the customer during and after the installation.
Dash Trim Kit Installation Guide
- Do not peel off the red plastic on the back of each piece at this point.
- Check the proper fitment of each piece in your kit by putting it next to the dash.
- If anything doesn't match - STOP the installation and contact your local distributor.
- Please avoid direct skin contact or prolonged exposure with any chemical agent when working.
- Do not apply alcohol to dash trim where the trim pieces will not be overlaid.
- Do not apply alcohol to the trim pieces themselves.
- Use Adhesive Promoter wisely. It dries very quickly. Once you open it, go through the whole dash area quickly.
- Do not overheat the trim pieces. If sunny outside, place the dash kit outside for 1 minute so it will become flexible.
Follow these 6 easy steps:
- Step 1
Clean the surface inside your car with the alcoholic pads provided. Surface must be clean from oils and grease, for the trim pieces to properly cure on the dash.
If you have any armoral on the dash, the piece will not stick. You might have to buy a separate alcohol bottle and clean it thoroughly. To check if cleaned thoroughly, take your finger and slide it on the dash area. If it's slippery or oily, you must clean it thoroughly. It must be dry and rough.
- Step 2
Take the rubber glove (provided with your kit) and put it on. Carefully open and apply the adhesive promoter applicator (provided with your kit) to the surfaces of the dash panel of your car. Apply to places only where the trim pieces will overlay. Once you open the promoter, go through all the areas very quickly. You'll have approximately 1 minute with each packet, so use it wisely. Throw away the glove when finished applying it. Let it dry for 2 minutes.
- Step 3
Warm up both dash and pieces with the hair dryer or heat gun up. Trim pieces must be flexible.
- Step 4
Without taking the 3M tape off, line up the piece to the dash panel to take a note how it will be best to overlay it. You will paste the trim pieces to you dash panel like a sticker to a paper. Turn the piece around, peel all of the 3M tape off. Line up the piece to the dash without actually applying it. Apply the 3M sticky tape to the dash panel very slowly but without pressing on against it. Slowly spread the area of contact while accurately noticing that everything is laying on straight.
- Step 5
Make sure your hands are clean when doing this procedure. If you have some adhesive on your fingers, this will stain the glossy finish. Once the piece is applied, use a heat gun or hair dryer. Warm the piece up and press against it with your fingers. Make sure all the edges are sticking. If for some reason you can't get it to stick, use some type of glue to get it to stick. DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- Step 6
Clean the dash trim with furniture polish and cotton towel to get rid of any finger prints or tackiness if any. If you need to get rid of any promoter stains or purchase of cleaning supplies, please contact us.